Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Just Take the Stairs Brah

Just Take the Stairs Brah

Fourth floor, damn... *glances around* "YES! There is the elevator!" Now I can quickly elevator my way to my motorized scooter, so that I can make it to my class that is too far away to walk. Fifteen minute walk? Are you kidding me? No chance, they are lucky I drive my scooter to that class. Nice there is my scooter, start her up and I'm off, hopefully I remember where my car is later too when and if I decide to DRIVE it to the gym (Sadly, I admit... I am guilty of this one).

Hey, instead of the elevator though, I have a better idea, why don't you just take the stairs you lazy ass hole? Also, walk to class. Seriously... Anyway, I can easily say that 99% of America could use the exercise from a four flight stair walk, it isn't that difficult - but I can also say that probably close to 50% of America could REALLY use that exercise, or a lot more of that kind of exercise. We hate taking the stairs, we love taking the elevator, we hate walking anywhere, we love escalators... Where do we draw the line? When do we say - "Holy hell America... we are really, really, really (need I go on) fat and lazy and pathetic." We eat portions built for a small army of pigs, we walk distances that could only be considered exercise for a mouse, We see the gym less often than the amount of times we have seen our feet this year. If I sound angry, I am (just needed to get that off the chest). We are so amazingly lazy and like I stated in my last post, losing in the battle for schooling, yet, we are still confident and prideful and all like "Oh My God, America is Like Totally the Best and Stuff!"

I decide to venture over to the CDC website and check out the obesity map, it has been awhile since I marveled at our failure to be healthy - sure enough, most of our country falls into the 20-30% obese percentage... 20-30%! That means that if you go on three blind dates, at least one of them will be unhealthy and obese. To top it all off, it requires a Body Mass Index of over 30! to be considered obese for the CDC's graph. I am five foot ten inches tall and weigh around 160-165 pounds with a body mass index of 23ish, yet I can still admit that I am not in the shape I want to be in - I'm getting there (BMI calculator - http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/). For my BMI to reach 30, however - I must weigh 210lbs or more. 45 more pounds? WOW. That is... a lot... of weight... That means 20% of people around my height weigh 200 pounds. What about the people that weigh 185-190? they are actually pretty unhealthy too and they aren't even included in the chart. This may seem like a rant, but I really do have a point.

Imagine this, instead of taking those short elevator trips, jog your ass up the stairs (it may not seem like much, but every little bit helps). Instead of riding your moped to class, just walk. Instead of driving to a place in walking distance, just walk or jog, or ride your bike - it will save you money on gas too. Our nation ranks number one in confidence, we are a very prideful nation, and we are very into fashion and style and looks in general. We are not in shape though, not healthy. We glamorize these models and people like "The Situation" and his abs that are strong enough to stop a meteor - yet we are not in shape as a whole, we are far from it. We watch too much T.V., we don't use the gym, we don't eat right, we just SUCK. So if you disagree, or don't care about our obesity, at least take one thing from this... Stop being so lazy all the time, if you want to have those Jersey abs - Just take the stairs brah.

No comments:

Post a Comment